Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hi folks,
Some of you said you couldn't post on the blog.  I've changed the setting to allow you to write back.  Please try, so I know if that worked!

A beautiful day up here, sunny and warm after several inches of snow Thursday night.  We had a great second meeting of women, with 10 of us in our tiny living room.  We're going to have to move!

I'm so inspired by these women.  People say that it takes faith and courage to do what Elizabeth and I are doing, but I think it takes a ton of faith and courage and stamina to do everything that people are expected to do these days, and still make time for sharing about their faith.  In a world that sees that as a luxury, it takes a clear vision and firm resolve.  So thank you all for showing up!  I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone, and seeing the leadership in each of us blossom.

After a week thinking about Beguines, now I'm reading Teresa of Avila for the Women and Christianity series.  She lived a very different life from the Beguines, but they shared a vivid passion for life.  She included dancing at her convents, and is sometimes shown with a tambourine.  That's what I want - dancing for recreation!  Beguines with tambourines!  A big swirl of rejoicing in the love of God.

But now, for something completely different - Vespers at the monastery.  A swirl of rejoicing, but so stately and quiet you might almost miss it if you don't pay attention.  Listen . . .

1 comment: