Thursday, June 25, 2015

Toward Vows! (Or, Why it's been so long since I've been here!)

On July 22, Elizabeth and I will make our life profession as Companions of Mary the Apostle.  This is huge, the end of one long process and the beginning of another.  Now we will do the hard work of daily faithfulness.

We also begin the work of welcoming new members, as five people make their initial Candidate declarations as non-residential Covenant Companions.  This is scarier for me than making my own vows: I feel the responsibility of caring for them, being with them, not managing their process but guiding them as they grow.  This is daunting, but also a great joy for me.

In the meantime I have done some preaching and retreat leadership, and these have consumed me.  My apologies.  We've posted on the Facebook page, but I've neglected this page.  I'll post a sermon later today, I hope.

I've missed writing, and hope - plan - to return more regularly after the profession.  Please hold us in your prayers, both for our community and for our individual vocational development.

I am in awe, wonder, gratitude, love, and praise for what God is doing in my life.  May you also swim in the rich water of God's love, today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment