Thursday, October 24, 2019

What Would Happen?

Hello there,

I had plans for this morning, things to do.  And plans for the afternoon and evening.  I'm not "good" with plans; I'm drenched in them, addicted to them.  My plan cup overflows.  But I had to write about this.

I'm a big fan of the Enneagram as a way to grow in my relationship with God and others and myself.  (If you don't know the Enneagram, you can start here:https://www.enneagraminstitute.com.  For now, go to the next paragraph.). I'm a One, which means I love order and "rightness"; I have control issues.  I tend to work too hard.  (See above.)

Each day I get a "daily Enneathought" from the Enneagram Institute, cued to my type.  Now, I've been working on my working (!!) for a while, trying to let go and relax, make more space - to no avail.  But today the sun was out, it's beautiful, I can't stand the thought of being inside all day.  I looked for a little space.

Then I got my Enneathought in my email. "As the seasons change, why don't you try something different, too?  What would happen if you put aside your schedule and did something spontaneous and fun with someone you love?"  Very funny, God.

First thought: "The world would come crashing down."
Simultaneous first thought: "That's just what I was thinking!"

So one spontaneous thing is to write all of you.  It is often fun, and slides to the bottom of my list.
But I will then leave my desk and go for a walk with Jesus, and with the beauty all around me.

What about you?  Elizabeth got a different, but related message.  (She's a Six.)  It seems to be the question for the day.
What would happen?  What would you do if you weren't afraid, or obligated, or otherwise bunched up?
Go do it.  Take Jesus with you.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment