Wednesday, March 18, 2020

We Now Interrupt This Crisis . . .

OK, people, listen up.

We're in this for the long haul.  Shelves are emptying, houses are full of people and products.  Jobs are lost or in suspension, or being worked in new ways.  Nerves are strained.  Phew!

But here's what I want to know:

For what are you grateful today?

Five things, right now.  Write them down.

Where have you seen God at work in the past 24 hours?  Write it down.

Now, send it to someone.

Do it again tomorrow.

Don't overwhelm people with email; I know that's part of our stress.  But do share.

I'm grateful that we decided years ago to use Free Conference Call and Zoom to connect, so now I can help others.
I'm grateful for the sunshine today.
I'm grateful for a Companion in residence who is sane and mature, so we aren't killing each other.
I'm grateful for all my Companions, and companions, and family.
I'm grateful for my sobriety and abstinence, so I'm not panicking over not having access to my "drugs."

I saw God yesterday in an online group of leaders looking for creative ways to contribute to others.
I saw God in the train engineer who waved at me when I waved at him.
There's so much more!

So, pass it on.
Breathe.  Laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment