Sunday, April 23, 2017

Monday in the Second Week



I’m going to be gone a lot over the next five weeks, so writing will be sporadic.  I can, however, give you the readings for daily Eucharist as well as the daily office.  For your convenience, here’s a link you can copy and access each day:


And here are some questions you might ask of the readings, things I ask myself:

First is a request: God, show me what I need to see in this today.

Then ask:
Is there a word or phrase that stands out for me today?
What inspires me in this passage?
Is there something that strikes me as funny or “off”?
Is there something I don’t understand?
Is there something I disagree with or find offensive?

If something lands in any of these ways, I keep reading it.  I ask God to show me what matters in this.  What might I tell someone else about this?


Finally, thank God for this time, and ask:  Lead me in your truth and teach me, and enable me to serve others through your Spirit.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment