Saturday, December 14, 2019

Companions

Today our Companions online community will gather for a three-hour mini-retreat.  We have each been invited to choose a favorite annunciation/visitation passage, and to share a short meditation on it with the group.  Then we are each sharing what we need to say yes to, and what we need to say no to in order for the yes to be realized.  And then, how can the community support each of us in those yeses and nos?

As always, I'm moved by the power of community to help us each become more than we can ask or imagine.  I know that without my many communities of practice and ministry I'd be a lump on the couch.  I need all of them, all of you.  Thank God for you all.

I'm looking forward to hearing what my companions have to say.  It makes me curious about you all, too.  What's your favorite passage about the coming of Jesus as an infant?  Why?  And what yes, what no do you need to say this season and this coming year?  Who will support you in that?  Let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment