Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taking back my broad brush

Dear everyone,

Yesterday I wrote about how "no one" in the U.S. wants to give to people without tax deductions anymore.  This morning Elizabeth reminded me that in fact several people have done exactly that.  In fact, this past week we received two generous anonymous donations from people, donations that will help us to move toward non-profit status.  Others have given several hundred dollars over the last few months.

My deepest apologies to all of you who have given with no thought of deductions.  I was making a point, thinking of the many conversations I have had with people who were unwilling to donate yet, but in my haste I used a broad brush that ignored the generosity we have already benefited from.

So now you know - I can get just a bit one-sided.  Another joy of community - being caught, being balanced, being accountable.  Thank you, Elizabeth!

Love to you all,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment