Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Back and Forth

I'm horrified to see that I haven't written on this page for over a month.  Our Facebook page has done slightly better, but I just left you all behind.  So if you don't get our newsletter, here are the headlines:

We moved back to West Park NY, right next door to the Holy Cross Monastery, on the same road we lived on before.  We are renting from the Church of the Ascension.  It's great to be back, though moving is hard.  We hope and pray that we will be here for many years.

Dario Ghersi made his first annual commitment as a Covenant Companion on August 11, at the end of our annual retreat.  We are excited for him and for us, as he moves more deeply into shared leadership of the Companions.  His commitment was witnessed by the Coffee Table Communion community, which has become its own entity without our planning - the Holy Spirit doing more than we can plan!



Our covenant groups are evolving to enable people to better live the covenant in their particular locations and lives.  The format will be changing, and we will be able to accommodate more people.  The new group meets beginning in February, and each group will meet monthly for a year at a time before members decide whether and how to continue with the Companions.  More details on this will come soon.

That's the big news.  I pledge to return to regular reflection soon.  I will have a week's vacation soon, so I can't promise full speed yet; I just want you to know I appreciate your reading and praying for us.  If there's anything on your mind and heart, anything that needs prayers, let me know.   May God bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment