Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday in the First Week

Jonah 3:1-10; Psalm 51:11-18; Luke 11:29-32

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit in me.  Don't turn away and cut me off.  Help me to be who you would have me be.  I will tell others what you've done for me and what you want from us all.  Deliver me, and I will proclaim your love and wondrous power.  Give me words to tell of you.  Open the hearts of my listeners, that they may hear you speak through me.  Turn us all, give us the grace to repent and renew.
I know, God, that I have sometimes run from you.  I have more often simply ignored you speaking through my conscience or the counsel of others.  I know that sometimes I ask you for guidance and then refuse to listen.
I know that sometimes my "discernment" is really stalling, refusing to commit to using the gifts you've given me,  I know all that, but knowledge doesn't go all the way.  I need you to act in me, to create this clean heart that I know you want.
Dear God, I know that I am part of a people rushing to destroy the creation you made and love.  I know that destroying creation calls destruction on me, and on all species and generations.  Please, give me the grace to stop.  Give us the grace to stop.
Jesus, I won't ask you for a sign.  I've seen it, heard it, felt it.  I ask you instead to have mercy on me, on us, miserable sinners.
Give me the joy of your help again, and sustain me with your bountiful Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment