Saturday, November 11, 2017

Gratitude November 11



I feel like a broken record, but here goes.

I'm grateful for, and grateful to, our Coffee Table Communion crew.  Yesterday they stayed after, not for tea and conversation like most weeks, but to put together a mailing that is going out soon.  We still got time together, but it was like a quilting bee.  Hands were moving while people shared, and so we shared in a way different than when we just sit and listen to one another.  It was wonderful to know we have partners in ministry.  So thank you to Laurel and Anne and Joan and Cathy and Ferris.

The broken record part is that this exercise is making me aware of how much of my gratitude relates to the people in my life.  Every day people show up in different ways.  Some show up as partners in ministry.  Some show up as supporters or co-conspirators.  Some show up as people seeking spiritual direction or nourishment or transformation.  Some show up as family or friends.  But so many people!  I'm used to thinking of myself as apart or disconnected, but that's another life.  In this life I've got more companions than I can count, or honor adequately.

I am grateful for all of you.

How many images can I find of friends who make God present and active?

For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment