Thursday, November 9, 2017

Gratitude November 9



Wait, I missed yesterday!  I thought I posted.  I usually write in the morning, or try to, but yesterday I was at the food pantry and then came home to various meetings.  My apologies.

So, today I'm grateful for yesterday.  I'm grateful for the staff at Ulster County Community College who learned about the pantry and are bringing students to it.  So many students don't have access to food on campus, and they don't know the pantry is there.  Thank you, Lynn and Stephanie, for advertising and for enabling students to have healthy food while studying.

And today I'm grateful, as I have been for so many days, for the love of Christ.  I've been drawn lately into a deeper desire to pray - or a desire to pray more deeply - and a growing sense of God's love and presence and mystery.   As the dark grows outside, as fall turns toward winter, I'm more turned toward the light of Christ.  Our chapel is cold in this season, but Jesus is there making it warm in spirit.  So that's where I want to be.  I'm grateful beyond words for this life that lets me be there.

For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment