Monday, November 6, 2017

Gratitude November 6



Wow, where do I start?

I'm grateful for my friends, our friends, the friends of the Companions.  Yesterday we had an open house, a housewarming I guess, to celebrate being in this new place.  People from various parts of our lives came and met and shared the blessing of this house and this community.  For the second day in a row, I was overwhelmed by the amazing people in my life.  How did this happen?  For many years I was so closed off to the beauty of the world, the beauty of other people, that such people and their gifts just didn't show up as part of my world.  Now they're everywhere.  I know they aren't different.  I let love into my life, and it flooded in.

I'm also grateful for one more day of warm weather, a morning I could go for a walk without a jacket and then sit on the deck and watch the river.  The cold is coming, but not today.  I will still go for walks in the cold, and likely still sit on the deck, but it will be different.  Today is today.  I'm grateful for the ability to cherish this.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment