Sunday, November 5, 2017

Gratitude November 5


Today I'm grateful that Daylight Savings Time is over in the U.S.  This may not seem like much, but it is to me.  I love the sunrise, especially now that we are back on the river, and I have missed it for the last month.  By the time the sun is coming up, we are at Matins and I can't see much of even the dawn.  By the time we're done, the sunrise has happened.

I also love to go for a walk before Matins, but not in the dark.  I used to run in the dark, with a flashlight, but that got old (or I did!).  I love the stars, but I want to be able to walk in the light.

I know that as winter approaches the light will come later anyway, but for now I have a reprieve.  Night will come earlier, but that actually is OK for now: we sing the Phos Hilaron, "O Gracious Light," welcoming the light of Christ as the earthly light fades.   In a few months I will welcome the later light, but for now I'm grateful to have the early morning light again.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment