Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gratitude November 22



Today I'm grateful for all the signs of growth I see in my life and those around me.  I can't give a lot of detail without violating other people's confidentiality, but I'm seeing God do infinitely more than I can ask or imagine.  Relationships being healed and used for further growth; strength to face into conflict and transform it into new paths forward; courage to speak and to listen with love.  In those movements I'm truly stunned, amazed by what God has in store.

I think of God as the great recycler or composter, using our garbage to make something new.  This week has definitely been a season for that.  But I see, too, that God needs us to be willing partners in that operation.  God will not force me to let go of my garbage.  God invites us to be part of the renewal of the universe, but we have to choose to respond.  I'm grateful for the times when I'm willing to say yes, available to go forward.  When I'm not willing, I usually don't even know it; part of the resistance is refusing to see.  Once I see it, sooner or later I'm going to say yes, and miracles will occur.

Look around today.  Where is there an opening to begin again?  Say yes.

For what are you grateful today?

For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment