Thursday, November 2, 2017

Gratitude, Day 2 (and 1!)

I challenged myself and those who read our newsletter to a daily practice of gratitude this month, and I pledged to post on mine each day.  Then, whoops!  A family emergency completely distracted me.  So for yesterday, November 1, I'm grateful I could be of service to others experiencing crisis.  I was not raised to think I could contribute; I was more typically the problem than an answer!  So it's a gift to be able to be present, not having to fix anything, just being with.

Today I'm back home, and it's been another busy day.  I'm grateful for returning home, for having a home to return to.  I'm grateful for the money to buy groceries, and the car to go get them, and the time to prepare healthy meals for us.  I'm grateful for those who come to see me in spiritual direction.  And I'm grateful for the beautiful, bizarre gourds that are on our kitchen table!

I'll try to post the picture of them.  I'll be grateful when my computer finds it!

No comments:

Post a Comment