Thursday, November 30, 2017

Gratitude November 30



Well, here we are at the end of "gratitude month" and almost to Advent.  I will continue to name gratitudes each day, as I have before, but I won't be writing them here.  I want to turn my attention, and yours, to the One who is coming.

I'm so grateful for these past two days of retreat.  I read some wonderful things in preparation for the next few weeks, but they weren't "work"; they set me on fire, remembering that God so deeply desires  our reconciliation and wholeness that She came to us, and comes to us, and invites us to come to Her in turn.  We are destined for adoption, which is just as real as "natural" birth.  We can, we are meant to, become children of God.  Jesus shows us how, if we dare.

I'm grateful for the silence that let me think more deeply and set my heart on fire.  I'm grateful that Cathy could be with us for a day, and that she too was glowing silently.  I'm grateful that soon I'll get to talk about what is in my heart, when we go to Cincinnati.  I'm grateful for disciplines that open these spaces for me - disciplines like writing a blog!

I'm grateful to you who read this, daily or weekly or occasionally.  I know how much there is to read out there - I myself get easily overwhelmed, and have to miss a lot of wonderful writing.  So thank you for including me in your reflections.

For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment