Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Gratitude November 21 (and 20)




Whoops!  I'm grateful for a Sabbath day yesterday, although I had intended to write here.  The retreat was wonderful, but tiring.

I'm grateful for a wonderful meeting last night with some of our "wise ones," Don and Susan and Chilton.  They help us stay focused and clear, and in their different ways they are each crucial parts of this body of Companions.

And I'm grateful for our donors.  We are sending out our annual appeal this week (our second annual!), and we've been praying for those who have donated in the past year.  You make it possible for us to do the ministry we do.  We receive pay for much of our ministry (though not all), but it's not nearly enough to pay the bills.  We count on the support of those who find value in our community, and we are grateful for it as it comes.  And thank you for the other ways you support us and challenge us to follow Jesus more deeply.

So here's my big gratitude: I'm grateful to God in Christ for the miracle that keeps working in me and around me.  Every day I'm opened up more, used more, gifted with more.  I could never have imagined that I would be surrounded by so many people of love and integrity and service.  Each day of this life is a miracle.  And so is yours, if you stop and notice it.

For what are you grateful today?


If you would like to donate and we don't have your address, you can pay via PayPal at our website or you can send us a check to P.O. Box 226, West Park NY  12493.  If you can't give now but might in the future, you know where to find us.

No comments:

Post a Comment