Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Gratitude November 7




Today I'm grateful for my community.  I am at the end of my rope with several tasks today - finding health insurance for next year, preparing a document for printing - and in each case I have a companion who is there with technical expertise, or simply the perseverance and stubbornness to keep going when I want to give up.  I'm grateful for Elizabeth, and Sarah.  Thank you.

This morning I read that the road to salvation is simply to keep doing the daily things, and speak only kindness.  I make it so complicated and strenuous sometimes, I'm grateful for the reminder that the simple, right things are what the world is made of.   I am frustrated with these issues today, but they don't have to make me part of someone else's hard day.  As I write, I release my frustration to God and breathe in gratitude.  I will have health insurance, somehow; the letter will get printed.  And I will pray for those who do not have decent health care, or access to computers that drive them crazy!

For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment